Service stop on the line Iselle - Domodossola - Iselle
Due to works in a tunnel on the Italian side of the Simplon line, transportation service will be interrupted on the route between Iselle di Trasquera and Domodossola from Monday 22 July to Sunday 1 September 2013 respectively from Sunday to Friday 10:15 to 16:15. All trains travelling back and forth from Iselle to Domodossola will be replaced by suttle buses. The bus ride will take 30 minutes longer than the usual train route. “We recommend our customers to plan their travels outside the working time window”, so Claudia Wipf, Product Manager Long-distance Traffic. According to Mrs. Wipf, sundays to Fridays are best for travel before 10:15 or after 16:15 on this line. Car trains between Brig and Iselle are not affected by the interruption and run regularly.
In a Nutshell:
• All trains from Switzerland to Iselle di Trasquera run according to schedule
• Replacement buses offered from Iselle to Domodossola. Therefore, the driving time will be extended by 30 minutes.
• Trenitalia offers a connection from Domodossola for travelers on the EC 57 (357) towards Milano.
• For travelers heading from Domodossola to Locarno, there is a connection with the Centovallibahn
• Even outside of the construction period, there are some minor restrictions: EC 41 and 59 operate with a modified rolling stock to Brig, where travelers to Italy would have to change trains.
• EC trains 52 (352) and 34 (334) depart from Milano Centrale to Domodossola according to schedule
• Replacement buses offered from Domodossola to Iselle
• Passengers travelling with EC 52 (352) in direction Basel will take a replacement train from Iselle to Brig and change to the regular IC connection. Therefore, the driving time will be extended by 30 minutes.
• Travelers heading Geneva using the EC 34 (334, 31034) from Iselle, won’t have to change trains. The travel time is increased by about 30 - 50 minutes.
• There is a replacement train from Brig to Basel for those travelling on the EC 52 (departure on schedule)
On the Link Online-timetable on SBB.ch, you will find an up-to-date list of the shuttle buses between Domodossola and Iselle. All current information about major disruptions in rail transport is available at Rail Traffic Information.
Cookies and related technologies on this site
These cookies are necessary for the basic functions of this website to work, such as secure login, loading images or selecting your cookie settings.
These cookies enable us to analyze your use of the website in order to evaluate and improve its performance. They may also be used to provide a better customer experience on this site, for example, by storing your login information, optimizing video performance, or giving us information about how our site is used.
Please make a selection before saving.